We are passionate about providing successful outcomes for our clients.
Successful outcomes require us to work together to assess the issues and identify necessary actions.
We clearly identify costs and allocate appropriate resources to best ensure that there are no surprises.
Expectations are set and agreed early. We will find ways to exceed these expectations where possible.
Rhys is a skilled legal advisor with extensive corporate and commercial experience gained during a
period of over 25 years of working in large, medium and boutique firms and in-house for several ASX
Rhys has advised clients on a broad range of commercial matters involving capital raisings, stock
market listings, commercial and finance transactions, infrastructure projects, financial product
development, industry compliance, risk mitigation and technology procurement projects for
Australian and international clients in banking & financial services; medical & allied health; transport
& aviation; technology & education; property & construction; and manufacturing.
Rhys is a general legal practitioner who identifies the many facets of a problem, understands the
range of legal issues which arise and develops the solution best suited to the outcome of the
stakeholders he advises.
Rhys’ commercial projects include:
- Acting for ASX listed companies and large corporate clients on procurement strategies (including provision of technology, telecommunications and corporate advisory services)
- Advising Australian product manufacturers and suppliers on local and international supply and distribution agreements (within the food and cosmetics industries)
- Advising ASX listed company on acquisition of funds management company (including preparing share sale agreement and advising on AFS licensing requirements)
- Advising ASX listed company on capital raising for property development fund (including preparation of offer documents, development agreements and performing due diligence)
- Acting for ASX listed banks and fund managers on financial services industry compliance
- Advising range of clients on investments in a range of businesses (including preparation of shareholder agreements, business transaction agreements, share sale agreements and associated documents)
- Advising various sized companies on implementing share and unit holder agreements and governance frameworks (including preparing buy/sell agreements with insurance funding)
- Acting for dental and allied health professionals on acquisition of practices by ASX listed company
- Advised real estate businesses on corporate restructure and corporate governance
- Acting for ASX listed companies on negotiating technology & service agreements, software & outsourcing agreements with major international and national providers
- Advising ASX listed companies on capital raisings (including preparing offer documents)
- Advising on ASX Listing Rules, governance, compliance, licensing and risk management
- Advising national equipment distributor on new equipment finance products (including negotiations with financier)
- Acting for claimants & defendants in managing Supreme Court & Court of Appeal litigation (including actions involving Australian and international companies)
- Advising ASX listed fund manager on development of several new financial products
- Advising various clients on corporate structures and restructures including liaising with company accountants & advisors
- Acting for ASX listed fund manager in developing financial services regulatory policies and procedures
- Acting for large corporate airport operator negotiate airport use by domestic & international airlines
- Acting for ASX listed fund manager in strategic sale of assets including shopping centres & commercial buildings
- Acting for land holder/airport operator on completion of major road infrastructure project.
Rhys is the Principal Director of Real Time Law Pty Ltd, an incorporated legal practice.
Rhys is also involved in various community and sporting groups in a voluntary capacity.
For a discussion in relation to how we can best assist you and your business please contact:
0404 377 422
Solicitor of the High Court of Australia admitted in 1999
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland admitted in 1998
Bachelor of Laws – Bond University graduated in 1995
Member of the Queensland Law Society since 1998
Creating Real Solutions
Do you need a real solution? Do you have a problem which seems too difficult for you to handle alone? Do you want to take advance steps to ensure a problem doesn’t occur in the first place?
Whether you are responding to a situation before it gets out of control or planning for a future event we can assist you. Real Time Law specialises in creating solutions with you.
We partner with you to simplify problems and achieve real and manageable solutions.
Real solutions often require a multi-disciplined approach. We work closely with other specialists so that you get all the guidance you need.
We work differently from many law firms. Real Time Law aims to deliver services on time and on budget and without the confusion or frustration.
Real Time Law takes the challenge out of dealing with lawyers.
We can visit your home or business in order to best understand your individual needs.
Where necessary we can be immersed within your business to best understand your industry and culture.
We work alongside you to create solutions which produce tangible outcomes within a legal framework.
Each challenge you present us will be met with a solution tailored specifically for you. We will:
- listen to your problems
- develop solutions with you
- assist you implement the solution
Our approach is cost effective and aimed at minimising surprises.
The power of collaboration
Creating sustainable business communities is critical for our combined success. Ask us if you need a business relationship to help you achieve your outcomes.
The power of collaboration can take your business to new levels.
We work closely with fellow trusted advisors to assist you achieve the best outcome for your business and or family.
We are passionate about maximising the outcomes for clients by working with industry experts in a ‘no ego’ space where achieving the valued outcomes for those involved is given prominence.